- 4 ripe peaches
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 8 amaretti biscuits/cookies
- 50 g/2 oz. / 2/3 cup chopped blanched almonds, toasted
- 50 g/2 oz. / ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 tbsps. light muscovado/golden brown sugar
- 50 g/2 oz. /4 tbsps. butter
- 1 medium egg yolk
- 2 tsp clear honey
- crème fraiche or Greek/plain yogurt, to serve
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Halve the peaches and remove the stones. Take a very thin slice from the bottom of each peach half so that it will sit flat on the baking tray/pan. Dip the peach halves in lemon juice and arrange on a baking tray.
Crush the amaretti biscuits/cookies lightly and put into a large bowl. Add the almonds, pine nuts, sugar, lemon zest and butter. Work with the fingertips until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolk and mix well until the mixture is just binding.
Divide the amaretti and nut mixture between the peach halves, pressing down lightly. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until the peaches are tender and the filling is golden. Remove from the oven and drizzle with the honey.
Place two peach halves on each serving plate and spoon over a little crème fraiche or Greek/plain yogurt, then serve.