This chocolate and coffee mousse cake with nuts is so creamy, chocolatey, and very delicious! It is a simple Italian recipe that you will need only 15 minutes to prepare and a few hours to set. Here is the recipe:
- 170 grams plain chocolate biscuits
- 50 grams nuts of your choice (I used walnuts for this one)
- 100 grams butter, melted
- 500 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- 500 ml (2 cups) heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon instant coffee, prepared
- 2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur
- Cocoa powder, to dust – optional
- Chocolate glaze – optional
- Nuts – optional
- Grease a springform pan and line with baking paper. In a blender or food processor, add the biscuits and nuts and process into fine crumbs. Apply the butter. Mix until incorporated. Press evenly into the pan to create a crust. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate in a microwave for 30 sec. intervals or over a double-boiler. Remove and stir occasionally to cool slightly.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk cream, liqueur, and coffee until soft peaks form. Add cream mixture into chocolate. Apply the chocolate mixture over the crust. Smooth with a spatula and cover. Place in the fridge for about 3 hours (or until set).
- Garnish with chocolate glaze, nuts, or simply dust with cocoa. Slice and serve.