These flawless banana cupcakes with cappuccino buttercream frosting are so pretty, simple and very delicious. Moist and creamy these cupcakes are a combination of two incredibly good tastes – banana and cappuccino. Here is the recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (around 4 ripe bananas)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Cappuccino Buttercream Frosting (Recipe Here)
- 1 banana, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 180°C/Gas Mark 4. Line a regular 12-cup cupcake pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Then, apply melted butter, eggs, vanilla, and mashed bananas. Combine to incorporate with the flour mixture (don’t overmix).
- Next, spoon batter into muffin pan – dividing evenly.
- Place in the oven and bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow cupcakes to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove from pan and cool entirely on a wire rack.
- While cooling, prepare the cappuccino buttercream frosting (you can find the recipe on our site).
- Pipe tops with frosting. Before serving, peel and slice one banana into rounds and apply on each cupcake (optional).